THE GUILD PRAYER
O Lord our heavenly Father, we thank You for creating us in Your own image. Give to us and to all Christian girls the grace to live lives that will honour You, and to think things that will please You, so that when we grow to be women, we may win other girls to You through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
I promise to do my best, to keep the rules of the Girls’ Guild and to set a good example of Christian living to girls around me.
PROBLEMS OF GIRLS
- Ridicule – from the opposite sex. Girls are seen as weak and sometimes useless and always taken for granted.
- Discrimination – A girl is seen as a sex object rather than a person with intelligence, hopes aspiration and dreams for the future.
- Some parents see girl-child as a failure.
- Some girls are not loved or fed so they feel bad.
- Some girls are Abused and Harassed through deprivation of material possessions. Threats of broken homes and peer pressures, seeking jobs.
- Influences – friends, fashion, music, trends and events.
- Communicate with parents.
- Pray always.
- Show understanding.
- Maintain her integrity.
- Be consistent.
- Seek advice from parents, godly elders and professionals.
- Attend talks, seminars and counselling sessions.
- Solicit for equal treatment.
- Live up to expectation.
- Take delight in dignity of labour.
GIRLS’ GUILD ANTHEM
Let the beauty of Christ be seen in me;
All His wondrous compassion and purity;
Oh Thou Spirit Divine, All my nature refines;
Till the Beauty of Jesus be seen in me. Amen.
- << Prev